10/31/08

Ladies and Gentlemen ... we're in!

I am so happy to say that we've finally migrated out of the hotel and into our new apartment. Ben and I have always wanted a bit of an urban experience before settling down, and this place is the perfect way to satisfy that urge.

We are smack in the middle of the Uptown 17th District, which is filled with bars, restaurants, shopping and people, and is a quick walk (15 minutes) to downtown. Our eighth-floor balcony gives us an amazing view of downtown's skyscrapers, not to mention a pretty angle of the sunrise and sunset. The previous tenant told us that during the summer, we will get tons of sunlight on the balcony from 5pm until 10pm. Barbecue grill, here we come!!

I have been trying to figure out why I am so excited by living close to every amenity imageinable, and have come up with a few possibilities:

a) I am lazy
b) I intensely dislike city driving
c) Five years in East Nashville spoiled me
d) I love walking
e) All of the above!

After a week of moving and assembling our Ikea furniture, Ben and I are now left scrambling to come up with Halloween costumes. Any thoughts? We need good ones, as we are introducing our international pals Almu and Alicia to their very first Halloween experience!

I'm including a few pics of our balcony and view - I will show off the rest of the apartment once it's decorated and cleaned up a bit more :)

No comments: