12/10/08

Success on the Ski Hill!

So we went back to Sunshine Village this Sunday, in spite of the throbbing bruises still reminding me of last week's snowboarding adventure! I made a last minute decision to try skiing this time instead, and boy was it the right choice. The photo below is the lodge at the end of the day, as the sun was going down.

Almudeena was my personal coach and did a fantastic job of showing me the basics and getting me slowly down the mountain. By the end of the day, I had made it down the hill five times and only fallen twice - what a better sense of accomplishment than previously! From the ski lift, Alicia snapped this pic of me on the hill - I'm in the red.

Ben, on the other hand, is looking great on the snowboard. However, while I was taking a break, he and the gals tried to find a new green (easy) run and accidentally ended up on a black (ie, really steep and bumpy) hill. Eeek! I did not envy them having to slide all the way down on their backs!! Of course Alicia, being the pro she is, went back on her own and conquered that slope on her snowboard. But here's a look at Ben doing his thing!

All of these pics are courtesy of Alicia - I have never seen so much snow at one time, it was just gorgeous! We're heading out tonight to buy our very own snowboard and skis - I'm so excited. The last pic is of Alicia, me and Ben riding the Gondola up to actual ski area. It takes about 20 minutes from the parking lot, so you are up pretty high! (I blamed any of my skiing inadequacies on the altitude!)

No comments: