3/21/09

Has Spring Sprung?

I know it's early to get up my hopes, and we will no doubt have several more bouts of cold weather before spring really settles in, but these past few days have been lovely in Calgary! Those who are friends of mine on Facebook may have already seen some of the photos from my walk through Prince's Island Park in downtown Calgary on Wednesday: snow was evaporating, clearing the walking paths little by little, the frozen river was melting and birds were chirping.

By yesterday, it had warmed up to around 50 Fahrenheit with full-force sun, so I embarked on a walk with Bosco at yet another of Calgary's many parks. I got hopelessly lost but could have cared less - a few hours in the warm sun is something I'll never take for granted again! We even enjoyed beers on a heat-lamped patio into the evening hours before it finally got too chilly to stay outdoors.

Almu, Ben and I had a relaxing night, as you can probably tell from the pics below, and now Ben and I are excited to go explore another park today!

No comments: