9/14/10

Eeny Meeny

There is so much to say about pregnancy. And yet to my surprise, I find vocalizing what I'm experiencing next to impossible!

Perhaps the problem is the schizophrenic range of emotions brought on by pregnancy - by the time I finally sit down to put pen to paper (fingers to keyboard just doesn't have the same ring), I have moved to a totally different frame of mind than the one I intended to write about.

But I will do my best, because it is such an amazing experience that I feel my pregnancy deserves a shot at being memorialized in this little blog.

So where am I today? Today I feel joyous, bursting at the seams with anticipation and nervous energy and sheer happiness about Eeny Meeny (the nickname dubbed by my parents) growing bigger and stronger every day. Days like this - when the exhaustion subsides, aches and pains ease up, and minor irritations don't throw me into a sob-fest - are the days I cherish, when I am riding the high of my body's potent cocktail of hormones and emotions.

A pregnancy high makes you feel giddy and giggly, almost drunk. At the moment I simply can't believe my luck at making it to 29 weeks - almost the safe zone; and I am so excited to meet Eeny Meeny that I literally could explode. I have never been so excited about anything in my life. The next 11 or so weeks will fly by I'm sure, but at the same time they will feel so slow - I am dying to know who is in there, a mini Ben, all long and skinny and mellow, or maybe a little Jenn, stubborn and short!

I am not one to often use the term "blessing," but I truly do feel blessed and sometimes I think I take it for granted that very soon Ben and I will have a new little family member. We are so freaking lucky and life has been so good to us!!

No comments: