4/11/10

Already April!

It's April - holy moly, how did this happen already?! I hope everybody had an amazing Easter holiday!

We spent ours in Kelowna, a beautiful city in interior British Columbia, situated on some stunning lakes and in the midst of Canada's little-known and under-appreciated wine country. Our friend Angie's family was kind enough to include us in their Easter celebrations, complete with her hilarious, big Italian family, home-cooking from Nonna (their adorable Italian grandma), Farmer's markets (Kelowna is known for its produce), wine tastings and a full-on Easter-egg hunt in her family's orchard. We were too lazy to take any photos ... oops! But just imagine rolling hills, lakes and orchards full of trees that are still brown from winter but are just beginning to blossom in white and pink buds.

Ben and I have been staying busy and have continued to enjoy an unseasonably warm winter, which unfortunately came to an abrupt halt when we got a bit of a snow storm a few night ago. I'm hoping for a quick warm-up, but who knows what to expect around here. I'm not holding my breath!

I'm looking very forward to meeting up with my parents in San Franscisco/Napa Valley in just two short weeks, and then a few weeks later making my way to Europe for a three-week tour with Ben! We'll get to visit friends in London and Spain, and then see my fabulous family in Copenhagen, I just can't wait!!

No comments: