3/18/10

A Quick Ode to Nashville

I know this blog is supposed to be about Canada, but I must digress for a moment to write about my super duper hometown south of the border...
When I saw today that Gwyneth Paltrow was offering a write-up on her blog about Nashville, I was skeptical. What sort of real advice could a big-city actress possibly divulge about a friendly southern city that prides itself on an eclectic mix of modern, old-fashioned and just down-home South?

Well, I ate my words (or thoughts, at least), because she did a pretty good job of pointing out some of Nashville's best, including the more obvious like Robert's Western World, the Ryman and Loveless Cafe (a gimme, really), along with a few lesser known spots like my old haunts The Family Wash, Margot and Marche, and even a few new spots that I have yet to try since moving northward. Now I'm jonesing for a trip home to bask in all the good eating, drinking and music that Nashville serves up every day!

Read Ms. Paltrow's aforementioned blog here: GOOP

No comments: