4/15/09

Buh Bye TV!

Well, not entirely, but Ben and I realized that part of the reason Mexico was so blissful was that we had a week with no technology! Yes, there was a TV in our hotel room, but we made a point of never turning it on.

With summer on the way and long days that already linger until almost 9pm, there must be more to weeknights than watching a crappy TV show I'll forget about in an hour! So today I made the call and canceled all but our most basic cable. Starting in May, we will be down to something like 20 channels. Simplification, baby! The only reason we're keeping cable at all is because otherwise we'll go back to squiggly lines and fuzziness on every channel, and we can't entirely put our nice new TV to waste. Plus we often order OnDemand movies, which I find much more productive than channel surfing!

Ben has lovingly nicknamed our TV "the devil," and I can't disagree - it saps the life out of you if you let it. It especially tempts you when you're faced with nasty and cold weather outside. But today is sunny and 40 degrees - not warm, but decent enough to get out for a walk, so on that note - Bosco and I will catch up with you guys later!

1 comment:

Ally Sullivan said...

Your blog didn't really need an facelift, but I like it!! Kristin's is pretty cute too :) But the main point of them is keeping us updated and you do a great job of that! btw, understand the tv thing. Conor wants digital and I think that will make me watch more tv, not needed!