5/4/11

Four Weekends and a Baby

I have been a terrible blogger lately! I suppose that a growth-spurting, teething, super active six month old will do that.

These days I am feeling exhausted and incredibly grateful and full of love, in almost equal measure!

And yesterday I realized that we have three weekends left in Calgary - maybe four if we decide to travel after Memorial Day weekend. Holy cow, where did the time go?! I have been busy plotting social outings with friends and trying to pencil in time for a few more days in the mountains ... and slowly adding coffee back into my life, after completely nixing caffeine during the pregnancy and the first several months of Max's life. I really don't know how I survived for so long without it!

Easter table, with balcony doors open to our beloved view!
We had a fabulous Easter in Calgary, just the three of us - it was a lovely spring day (albeit followed by piles of snow the next day), complete with a stroll around the neighborhood, a big brunch, and Max's first taste of solid food. I love our view of the city, and the fact that on a nice day we can throw open our doors and windows for a nice crisp breeze minus the bugs waiting for us back in Tennessee!

Max found the bowl much more interesting than the rice cereal it contained!

There is a lot that I'll miss about our second home north of the border. Yes, it really does feel like a second home now, and I sure hope we can make plenty of trips back to show Max where he was born - and if Ben has anything to say about, to teach Max to ski in the Canadian Rockies!!

No comments: