6/19/09

Refreshed

I feel I've returned to Calgary with a rejuvenated sense of self. Going home to the people who have known me the longest and the best always seems to remind me who I am. I hadn't exactly lost that knowledge in Calgary, but I was feeling off somehow, like something was missing, a piece of my confidence lacking perhaps. I'm not sure if it's the comfort of a hometown, the unconditional love and support of family or the way longtime friends just understand, without me saying a word - or most likely all of the above - but somehow life feels more clear again. I feel more aware and present in my own life and less worried about the future knowing that I have so much good around me.

Some highlights of the trip:

- Lingering, muggy nights by the pool at my parents' house, drinking good wine and chatting about life
- Mom's spaghetti and Daddy's grilled corn on the cob, red peppers and shrimp
- Relaxed hours on the back deck of Ben's parents' home, goofing off and watching the birds and squirrels fight over the bird feeders
- Riding the carousel in downtown Chattanooga with the whole Reeves family and seeing their brand new beautiful house in progress
- Laughing my way through the Nash Trash tour and cooking an impressive dinner with my sis
- Hunkering down in the Oak Bar for dirty martinis with Campbell
- Las Palmas with Ally & Conor, in our grand tradition of eating Mexican at every possible chance :)
- Hot, hot, hot afternoons laying by the pool - the best way to spend a June afternoon in Nashville, in my opinion
- Honky-tonkin' in Nashville with friends old and new

And of course there's Bonnaroo, sweet Bonnaroo ... which I'll elaborate on in my next post ;)

While you wait eagerly for that one, here are a few photos of the rest of our trip:









2 comments:

Almu said...

I like it Jenn :)
It's amazing how family & old friends make one feel

Ally and Conor Sullivan said...

I had so much fun seeing you both! Dinner was awesome...we miss you :)